Tooth enamel is the single strongest substance in your body. Despite this, there are lots of ways to damage it. Few of us will get through life without needing some kind of dental repair. Fortunately, there are many ways to fix dental damage.
If you’ve damaged a tooth or teeth, call Murmann Dental Health at 630-864-6065 for a consultation in our Naperville, IL office. We’ll determine the restorative solution that will work best for your smile.
Make sure you contact us as soon as possible. The sooner we can address your damage, the cheaper and easier your repair will be. A tooth filling is the simplest and least costly way to mend a cavity. Larger cavities will require a crown. And if decay gets inside your tooth, a root canal will be needed.
In the meantime, check out the treatments we can use to get your smile back into shape and prevent further damage from occurring:
- Dental Fillings – In most cases we use tooth-colored composite resin fillings, since they blend easily into your smile for a natural look. We can use amalgam (metal) fillings if you’d prefer. They are a good option for less visible areas of your mouth such as back teeth that are subject to especially strong chewing forces.
- Dental Crowns – Crowns can repair more extensive dental decay. They also fix cracked and broken teeth. It’s important to address these issues ASAP, so bacteria can’t get inside your tooth.
- Root Canals – When pulp inside your tooth becomes infected, your only options are tooth extraction or a root canal. We typically recommend the root canal. This avoids having to replace the tooth. Plus, you’ll keep your tooth root. The root provides stimulation that keeps you from experiencing bone loss in your jaw.
- Dental Bridges – A bridge is an option for replacing a single tooth or several teeth in a row.
- Dental Implant Restoration – Unlike other kinds of replacement teeth, implants keep the bone in your jaw intact and strong. We can restore implants with crowns (to replace single teeth), dental bridges, or dentures.
- Dentures – You can choose traditional full or partial dentures to replace teeth. Or we can provide dental implant dentures. Attaching dentures to implants will keep your jaw from shrinking, which gives your face an older look.
Of course, there are also things you can do to help prevent dental damage from occurring in the first place. Brush at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste and floss once a day. In addition:
- Visit us every six months for a dental exam and cleaning
- Avoid chewing on hard substances such as ice cubes, popcorn kernels, and fingernails
- Cut foods that require lots of chewing into smaller pieces
- If you grind your teeth and/or clench your jaw while sleeping, ask us about a custom-made mouthguard
To schedule a consultation, call us today at 630-864-6065.